Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Sick Day

Yesterday I took a sick day. I worked all day on Monday getting the house clean...all the while I could feel a cold coming on. I woke Tuesday morning and decided to spend the day in bed. Can I just say how lovely it was. Hannah came and laid with me for a while every now and then...she was not feeling well either. I found it very therapeutic to lay there watching Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, TLC and the History Channel. I just kept flipping back and forth. Josh brought me lunch in bed and I didn't have one ounce of guilt for not being out there being a mom. I think mom's deserve a sick day every once in a while. Today I'm back up being a mom, doing the laundry, making lunch, going grocery shopping, refereeing the fights, and whatever else comes my way. Now, if only I could have PAID sick leave.....

1 comment:

Julie said...

Good for you!!!!! Wouldn't it be nice to get paid vacation, too?