Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Pink Potty



Hannah is potty training!! She decided all on her own that it was time to use the potty. She kept going in the bathroom and taking off her diaper and climbing up on the toilet all by herself. Now this could be a real "cute" thing if poop wasn't involved in it. So, I decided to go all out and get a potty chair. We didn't use a potty chair with Joe but I decided I didn't want to be spending all day going back and forth from the living room to the bathroom for false alarms. So, I got her a pink potty chair. She absolutely loves the color pink....whenever she sees something pink she will point at it and say "that's my pink"....the other day she would not drink from the open gallon of milk because she saw that the unopened gallon had a pink lid and she wanted the "pink milk". I have say thank you to my older kids for teaching her colors. Getting dressed in the morning can be quite irritating for me...she will only wear pink clothes or "princess" clothes (dresses). So, back to the potty training....she's doing so good! She's only had one accident today, yesterday she had only one too. And she did number two today, all by herself, she went to her pink potty and sat down and went, all while I was on the phone! What a big girl! I'm so excited to think that we won't have to buy diapers any more! Girls are so much easier to train, in my experience anyway. Megan also trained herself...just decided she was ready. Now the boys on the other hand, they were all over three and so stubborn about the whole thing. It's so fun to have a girl last...what a sweet princess in pink she is!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Congatulations! That is awesome! I'm so proud of her. That is great news for both of you.
Good Job Hannah!

Stacie said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! This is so fun!

Alison W. said...

She is such a doll! I really like pink too. She is growing up way to fast.