Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Housework...Smousework...

I hate doing housework....well I don't really hate it I just dread starting to do it. I think the hardest thing for me is knowing where to start. There is always so much of it to do. The kids have their chores and they do them, most of the time, but there is always so much more to do. Laundry is my hardest thing to stay on top of. I will do so good with it for one day, then I slack off and before I know it, there are mountains and mountains of it to do. My brain is so scattered. I start one thing, then go to put something away and notice I need to do something else...start doing that instead and before I know what happened, I have started on five different jobs and haven't finished one of them. Perhaps Matthew gets his ADHD from me. I'm not a big list maker but I do notice that when I have one going, it does keep me more focused. I need to remember this. A couple weeks ago in Relief Society our lesson was on the Atonement and our teacher was saying we just have to make it through this life and then we'll be in the afterlife where we won't have to clean anymore....everyone laughed and this thought came to me....what if being in the afterlife means we don't HAVE to clean.....we just WANT to clean.

No comments: