Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rollerblading Follies

Last night I went over to a gal in our ward's house to rub her feet...she's pregnant....and while there my phone kept ringing and I finally answered to find a not so calm Aaron on the other end telling me to come home right now because Matthew broke his arm. I apologized to my friend and left to go home...I found Matthew sitting at the kitchen table with an icepack on his arm. We went to the emergency room and found that he has a buckle fracture on his radius and ulna...I'm sure you can see from the picture of the xray where the fracture is. Matthew had a fight with the pavement while rollerblading and the pavement won. He has a scrape on his cheek too. He will go get a cast on sometime this week...he was very brave and thought the whole experience was kinda cool. This is the second broken bone in our family...the first being Zack's broken ankle..from what else...rollerskating!Matthew in the van...on the way to the emergency room

Matthew smiling through the teeth chattering. He couldn't stop shaking but told us he actually liked it because he doesn't do it very often...

Just getting back from xray

I'm not sure how well you can see it but his arm is a bit crooked.




10 comments:

Stacie said...

Ouch!! No fun. Why is it always wnen mom's away that things like this happen?

Michelle S. said...

MATTHEW!!! You rock! Whenever stuff like this happens the saying from Mark Twain always comes to mind: "Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is!"

If you don't try, you won't do anything! I am glad you are out there having a great time! Just don't be TOO out there!

We love you!

Julie said...

What a boy to think a broken arm is cool! He'll have a great story to start school with!

Michelle said...

Ouch. What a tropper! That is so sweet of you to go and rub your friend's feet. I would of let you do that for me. :o) Anyways, I probably won't let the girls roller blade anymore.
In pain and yet he is still so cute.

Piano Mom said...

That's the same kind of fracture Reed had...I'd never heard of it before. The good news is that this type of fracture heals quickly!

Jacque said...

Gosh, I'm sorry. What a pain, but the attention never hurt anyone. I guess that is why I used to always want a broken limb when I was a child. Hope Matthew is feeling better soon. I wish you were closer so he could come over and play with Jack in the back yard. I've often wondered how it would be if we had all stayed in the town homes. I'm sure the kids would have been great friends.

Kim said...

Jacque..I laughed when I read how you always wanted a broken bone...my sister told Matthew the same thing...and Matthew told her he'd take a picture of his cast and she could pretend it was her cast...ha ha...out of the mouths of babes.
He gets his cast put on Monday.

Alison W. said...

Ouch! Tell Matthew to stop that! I hope he is feeling better.

Alisa said...

OW! He looks like he handled it really well. So did you guys. I agree- Matthew, you rock!

When Kaili broke her arm, we told her she was fine, and to take a nap. Of course, when she woke up it was all swollen and she ended up having to have surgery and pins put in to put the bones in her elbow back together. Can I just say "guilt"? We felt horrible! And of course, she kept saying, "I told you I was really hurt!" Not a parenting moment to be proud of, that's for sure.

Lia said...

I love the fact that he's got this grin on his face while he's shivering from shock!! What a trooper. And ya, I was always jelous when the other kids had injuries. So I'm with Jacque on that one. I think I might copy Michelle's quote, it's a good one.