Monday, May 20, 2013

Some thoughts about motherhood...

This has probably been one of the hardest years in my mothering career.  It's been seriously difficult for me to hear about my friends/family sending their kids off on missions for our church and having mine not want to go....in some ways I feel like a failure.  I feel jealous when I see the pictures of my friends children going off to the MTC and pics of them on their missions.  Don't get me wrong I could not Love my boys anymore than I already do....I love them without end and nothing they say or do would ever change how much I love them.  I am proud of them...and want to be a part of their lives no matter what.  Though I may not always agree with the choices they make I am always their mom and their biggest cheer leader.  So, even though they don't want to live the lives I envisioned for them, I'm still here for them....I'm still their mom.  I can't wait to see what will come for them and I plan to be there cheering them on.....
One of the few pictures I have of Josh and Zack together......
 
 

2 comments:

BethandLuke said...

Kim, you are an awesome mother and great role model for me as a mother!! Your children are so very lucky to have you as their mother...

Lia said...

It is tough when our kids don't make the decisions we think they should, but I can guarantee that ALL kids even adult kids make those choices that their parents might cringe over. Some are easy to see and others aren't. Your kids are good people, and so are you.