Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Giver

Have you read this book? It's one of my all time favorites.....I have many. I read this several years ago when Zack had to read it for school. It's so thought provoking and just a good read!
Imagine my excitement when it was announced that North Star will be doing The Giver for their One Act Play this year. One Acts are a very big thing here in Nebraska. I wonder if they are anywhere else?? The kids compete at different festivals around our area and then they compete in a district competition and if they win at districts they go on to State....it's all very exciting. Last year WE (North Star) won at STATE!! Aaron, Megan, Matthew and I were able to go and it was all so awesome!

It's been kind of a joke in our home that Zack is always cast as an old man....so it's no surprise, but still so thrilling that he has been cast as The Giver!! I know he'll do such a great job!! Josh and Megan will be in the ensamble....it promises to be a great show! I truly can not wait to see it!!

2 comments:

Michelle S. said...

Again,,, are copies available for us to purchase??

Kim said...

yes...copies are available to purchase...but they haven't perfomed this one yet...all the others are $5.00.