Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Waist is a Terrible Thing to Mind

......Tom Wilson

So, I'm on my journey to being fit...again. I can remember being so fit when we were living in
Balmoral and thinking to myself "I will never be fat again!". HA! It just crept up on me and before I knew it....I had a nice big inner tube staring at me in the mirror. I've gone to the gym three times in a row and what I have to show for it is very sore calves and sore hip joints (I must be getting old). But, I'm determined....now, I need to work on my eating.

5 comments:

Lia said...

Yay to sore muscles! And yes we're getting old. My hips and back started playing up and I haven't been able to run for a while now. So sad! The largest progress will be seen when you eat well!

Michelle said...

You can do it Kim! Good luck.

Stephanie said...

You were always so good about wanting to get into shape. I have no desire because I hate to push myself. You on the other hand are so amazing. I wish you good luck and a sudden adversion to all sorts of junk food.

Julie said...

The hip thing is such a pain (literally)! I wonder why I didn't get in shape when my body was younger. Wish you were here so we could be workout buddies!

Susan R said...

I'm with ya. I look in the mirror and say.....who are you and where did you come from? Then I see these five wonderful kids around me and remember.....it was the price I paid. My body will never be a size 4 again, but I can stand to lose some weight and be more healthful minded.