Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sudden Death

This morning I was making breakfast for my Seminary boys...home fried potatoes and eggs....anyway, I reached for the salt and pepper in the cupboard right next to the stove and the "SUDDEN DEATH" decided to come flying out at me and bounce off the stove and land on the floor sending "SUDDEN DEATH" spewing all over the floor and the drawer below the oven. For those who don't know Aaron very well...he has an insane liking of spicy food...I mean really spicy. SUDDEN DEATH is a VERY VERY spicy hot sauce made from habanero peppers. Well...I cried a little...due to the pepper in the air....and cleaned it up. YUCK and NASTY! Fast forward to tonight......I made dinner and then Aaron and I went to pick up Zack at the library, we came home and Zack turned on the burner to heat up his dinner... I was sitting on the floor in the living room playing Memory (thanks Scarlett Family!) with Hannah and Joe when I noticed a commotion happening in the kitchen. Zack, Megan, Josh, Matthew and Aaron were standing by the stove yelling...."WHAT IS THAT!!" as they were coughing up their lungs! I realized right away that some of that "SUDDEN DEATH" had landed on the burner....oops! Is it bad that I sat there laughing until I was crying? Pretty soon we were all hacking up our lungs and laughing. We had to open the windows and there's an ice storm going on outside right now! I finally escaped down here to the basement, where the air is clear. As I'm sitting here writing this Joe came down to ask me "WHY DID YOU DO THAT MOM!!" I say, it wasn't me!! It was "SUDDEN DEATH!"

4 comments:

kim said...

Hey I think you should blame everything on Sudden Death!

Michelle S. said...

Ahh, sudden death. Good times. Good times.

I actually would have loved to have been there for that one.

Suzie said...

ROFLMBO!!! Too funny! I would have sat there and laughed til I cried too!

Cindy said...

This is so dang funny! I was laughing so hard reading this! Don't feel bad, it sounds like we all would have laughed our heads off!! hee hee!