Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Hannah Banana!

Three years ago I woke in the middle of the night feeling that something was seriously wrong with my baby....she was not moving! I wasn't due until Jan 4th. I poked and pushed and still no movement. I was panicked! After trying everything I could think of to get her to move I finally woke Aaron at around 5 and we were off to the hospital. When I got there I was so relieved to hear her heartbeat! Though she was not well....in was time for an emergency C section. I always wondered how I'd feel about a Csection...I have strong opinions in this area..but won't get into that now...but, when it came down to it...I didn't care how she was born as long as she was okay. From the time a C section was mentioned until she out and wisked into the NICU took about 20 minutes! Boy they can move fast! I have never been so scared in my life. I just wanted her to be okay. I can still remember when they wheeled my bed into the NICU and I got to see her for the first time...I think she was about 2-3 hours old. She was so small (6lbs 9oz)...and she looked like Josh. I was so scared for her that first week. She had to have so many tests and had to have I.V.'s...they had to change those everyday because her veins colapsed..she had them in her head, both arms, and both legs..all at different times. At first they were not sure if she would have brain damage...they were not sure how long she was without oxygen. When she was born she was not breathing and she had to be resusitated and was on a respirator for her first hours of life. Our Bishop came right away and Aaron and he gave her a blessing. After one week we got to bring her home on Christmas Eve, that was the best present ever!! There is not one single day that goes by that I am not thankful for the miracle she is. She brings so much joy to me! She has grown up so fast and I can't believe she is 3 years old today. Happy Birthday my beautiful girl...I love you more than words can say!






















8 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Hannah! She is such a sweet girl.

Piano Mom said...

What a precious miracle!

kim said...

She is so cute! Happy B-Day Hanna!

Lia said...

Happy Birthday Hannah! I think that's the first time I've heard the whole story of her birth. Wow. She's a beautiful girl.

Jacque said...

Happy Happy Birthday Hannah! She really does look a lot like Josh. I'm so glad everything worked out, what a blessing that you felt something was wrong!

Michelle S. said...

We love you, Hannah!

Brenda Scarlett said...

What a beautiful and scary story!!! We are all so blessed to have Hannah around!! Happy Birthday.

Cindy said...

What a wonderful story! I am so thankful for having memories good and bad and for pictures. This is so sweet!!!