Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Greetings and New Year hopes

We had a wonderful Christmas.  I big gigantic thank you to my sister, Jenny and my dad, without them it would not have been nearly as wonderful.  Thank you thank you!  

The kids got many nice gifts and it was just nice to be together as a family.  We really  missed Zackers though and really hope next year he can come home for Christmas.  We also really missed extended family and we really miss all the traditions we had with them. Especially the decorating of cupcakes for Jesus' birthday.  On New Years Eve we went to see the movie Frozen, everyone except Megan, who had  to work on Christmas Eve.  It was the cutest movie and I'm looking forward to seeing it again when it comes out on DVD.  

Christmas morning I came home from work (I worked overnight from 1130pm til 8am).  I expected to find everyone waiting for me upstairs in our bedroom but what I found was a house of sleeping people.  NO ONE was awake!  So, I changed to my jammies and went to the bathroom and when I came out I heard Hannah in her room asking if it was time to get up.  We woke everyone up and came in to find a wonderous sight of gifts under the tree (thanks again to my sis and dad).  It was a low key event where everyone opended their gifts and ooohhhed and ahhhed.  Everyone was very happy.  I stayed up just a bit longer and then it was off to bed for me......the best gift I got was a big long sleep.  I slept the whole day long into the evening and it was lovely.  

I hope all of our friends and family also enjoyed their Christmas.  I'm really hoping the new year brings much happiness and fulfillment to all.

This year I'm really hoping to work on myself.  I have really let myself go and have lost my way a bit.  I'm hoping to get back on track spiritually, emotionally and physically.  Here's to a fabulous 2014.

No comments: