Wednesday, January 12, 2011

19 YEARS!




So, Aaron and I just celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary. Boy what a 19 years it's been. So many ups and so many downs. These past couple months have been especially trying. Aaron's still not working...if it were not for our family we would be living on the streets. I sometimes feel so jealous of those who seem to have so much. A nice home, nice furniture. Those who don't have to shop at the thrift stores or feel guilty buying things like facial moisturizer or to pay to get their hair done. But I have to think of how this trial has helped our family. We have become close. Aaron and Zack actually have conversations where before their relationship has been so strained. Aaron and I are getting along so well....we have so much time together now. He makes dinners for our family almost every night. He gets the kids ready for bed and gets them up in the morning and ready for school and out the door. We still have moments of struggle with getting along and not fighting....but for all this trial has brought us, it's ultimately brought us closer.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Funny how none of us want trials, but we look back and realize how much we learned and grew. Congrats on the 19 years. We're the same. When I remind Guy that we're supposed to go on a cruise for our 20th, he just laughs. Oh well.

Bobi said...

Congrats! That's a real accomplishment in this wacky world of ours. Here's to another 19!

Annalysha said...

Congrats on the 19 years! That is truly amazing. I am with you that as hard as our trials in life are. I wouldn't trade any of the ones I have had either because it would alter who I am and how my relationships work. I am very grateful for all of them. I love you!