Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Right of Passage and a Milestone

So...Joe lost his bottom tooth yesterday. He was so excited and couldn't wait to go to bed! How lovely is that? He was very happy to report that the Tooth Fairy came and left him a dollar! He's looking forward to spending it tomorrow. I think he's leaning towards a new hot wheel car.
My boy is growing up!

On Thursday evening we went to the Pumpkin Walk at Joe's school. Just Hannah, Joe and I went. We walked to the school and then we went on a 1.25 mile walk. Hannah made it almost the whole way by herself and then she needed a ride on my shoulders. She used my hair as her reins......that was fun......but anyway, if you know Hannah you know that she is super shy (except at home) and when people talk to her, she normally responds by saying "uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhnnnnn" and burying her head into me or Aaron. Well....when we finished the pumpkin walk we got to pick out a little pumpkin to take home and we had some juice and a bag of popcorn. The gal handing out the juice asked Hannah if she had fun on the walk and I was waiting for the rude sound she usually makes and the burying of her head....but what she said was...... "Yes" and she smiled.
My girl is growing up!

3 comments:

Alison W. said...

She is SO cute.

Lia said...

Progress! Maybe she'll talk to me next time I see her. Although it will mean less fun for me. I did enjoy teasing her.

Michelle S. said...

WHERE IS ALL OF JOE's HAIR?!? Did the hair fariy come too?

I love this post! Yay for shoulder rides and lost teeth and hot wheels and pumpkins! Sounds like you had a great day!