Sunday, July 24, 2022

High Creek Trail and some of my thoughts

I miss writing on my blog. 
So many times when I am out trail running and hiking I am thinking of my kids and what I want to pass on to/for them. I worry about them and cheer for them and want them to find happiness and purpose. There is just so much negativity and confusion in the world. There are horrible atrocities and unfairness. I hope that in spite of this they are able to find peace. 
My peace is found in nature. I love being able to get out and enjoy the mountains. It is my happy place. 
Since moving to Logan 5.5 years ago I have been on so many adventures. I have had great times with friends and with my sweet dog, Bailey. 
Lately, I have let myself fall into previous unhealthy habits. I am trying to give myself grace and be thankful for this body that can still go on adventures, just not as fast. I know I will feel better if I eat healthy foods. Knowing and doing is proving to be difficult. I want to spend time writing my thoughts on this blog, which is truly a journal. I love that I have so many memories recorded from our time in Nebraska. Now I want to start documenting again. It's not for anyone but me at this point, but maybe someday my kids will read it and know my thoughts and feelings. 
All of these pictures are from yesterday when my friend Elli (from Nursing school) and I went up High Creek Trail. It's a trail that starts in Richmond and goes up to connect with Cherry Peak and Tony Grove areas. It's so pretty with wildflowers galore. Bailey came too. She loves the mountains as much as I do. It was so pretty. I really started to feel kind of cruddy at the top. I had to sit down and eat something and then I felt better. I tried to run down but I'm afraid I did way more walking than running. I think Elli was bummed as she is just getting into trail running. I have put on so much weight in the past few years. When we moved to Logan I weighed 150 lbs and now I'm up to 186. I am sad that I've let myself get to this. I know how to fix it but for some reason, I just can't get on track. I can tell that the extra weight is hard on my body. My knees hurt and my hips hurt after a long hike/run. I'm hoping that keeping this blog/journal will help me explore and remedy some of my issues. In the meantime here are some pictures from yesterday. We live in a beautiful place. 














 

No comments: