Saturday, March 9, 2013

Au revoir!



Last school year Megan told me she really wanted to go on the school trip to France.  Each year LPS (Lincoln Public Schools) works with ISE (International Student Exchange) to take kids on trips abroad.  Megan really loves the French language and is in her 3rd year of high school French.  She wrote down each step she needed to take to go on the trip.  She worked hard, filling out all financial aide forms and applied for a scholarship.  She wrote an essay for part of the application to get a scholarship.  She saved her money and had enough for the down payment for the trip.  It was a super happy day when I received a phone call telling me that she did indeed get the scholarship for the trip....she ended up having to pay $200.00 for a $3000.00 trip!!  I just can't even say how excited I am for her to be able to have this opportunity!  She worked so hard, setting goals and achieving them.  I'm just so proud of her!!  
She will spend 5 nights with a host family in a town called Evruex.  The family has 1 daughter, who is around Megan's age.  She gets to go to school with her host "sister".  After her 5 nights there she will spend 3 nights in Paris with her group.  I absolutely can't wait to hear all about her trip!  These are going to be memories she will cherish for her whole life!



 
Getting ready to check in



I told her it was blurry but she refused to take another one

standing in line to check her bags

Group shot

No comments: